6 Zero Gravity Chair Health Benefits
Zero gravity chairs can help you relax and decompress – literally. Designed to take pressure off your spine and help alleviate pain, these chairs offer a wealth of health benefits.
Let’s take a closer look at these zero gravity chair benefits and answer important questions like “are zero gravity chairs good for lower back pain?”
1. They Take Stress Off the Spine
When you sit in the zero gravity position, your legs are elevated above your heart and your weight is evenly distributed across your body. Both of these factors help take the stress off the spine, allowing you to fully relax.
Don’t worry if you fall asleep in your chair either. Sleeping in a zero gravity chair can be beneficial for your spine. Zero gravity helps:
- Prevent vertebrae compression
- Takes pressure off your lower back by raising your knees
- Alleviates tension in the hips
By taking that pressure off your spine, your body can relax or even fall asleep – and stay asleep – without discomfort.
2. They Can Help with Lower Back Pain
Are zero gravity chairs good for your back? Absolutely! If you’re like most people, you spend a lot of time sitting at a desk or on the couch. Unfortunately, sitting for long periods of time can eventually cause back pain.
Because this position takes pressure off your spine, your lower back gets some much-needed relief and the chance to heal. In addition, the vertebrae get an opportunity to decompress, which helps alleviate pain caused by tension and inflammation.
Zero gravity can help with pain in general. Many people find that just a short relaxation session in a zero gravity chair can help get rid of headaches and pain in other parts of the body.
3. They Can Help Boost Circulation
Along with pain relief and decompression, the zero gravity position can also help improve blood flow. When your legs are elevated above your heart, your heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump blood and move oxygen through your body.
Better circulation and keeping your legs elevated can also help:
- Reduce swelling or pain in the legs
- Reduce stress and strain on your heart
- Keep your blood pressure in check
- Accelerate healing from injuries
If you’re looking for the best chair for leg circulation, consider our Perfect Chair line. The Perfect Chair is artfully crafted with form and function in mind. Effortlessly glide into the zero gravity position for deep relaxation at any time.
We offer a few upholstery packages to enhance the zero gravity experience:
- Comfort: Adjustable lumbar support (manual), and head pillow with magnetic adjustability.
- Performance: Everything you get in the comfort package, with an upgrade to memory foam PLUS and powered (rather than manual) adjustable lumbar support.
- Supreme: Everything offered in the Performance package and 3D EasePoint Technology for enhanced comfort, jade stone heat system to melt away tension and stress, and integrated controls for easy use. This option also comes with a full-coverage tuxedo back cover.
The Perfect Chair can help you enjoy the benefits of improved circulation from the zero gravity position.
4. They Can Help Improve Posture
An estimated 80% of Americans will deal with poor posture at some point in their lives. If you work at a desk all day, there’s a good chance that your posture has suffered – especially if you don’t have an ergonomic workspace.
Sitting in the zero gravity position may actually help improve your posture. Decompressing your spine and correcting misalignments can help improve your posture. Zero gravity recliners can also keep you in a proper seated position while you sit or relax.
Improving your posture can have benefits of its own. After sitting in a zero gravity chair, you may notice less tension and pain in your neck and shoulders. This is because you’re correcting misalignments and taking pressure off of your spine. Your shoulders and neck finally get a chance to relax.
5. They Can Help Alleviate Sore Muscles
A zero gravity chair can help alleviate sore muscles caused by injury, exercise or just being on your feet all day. Here’s how:
- Improved blood circulation helps get more oxygen and nutrients to your aching muscles for faster healing.
- Spinal decompression helps take pressure off your back for added pain relief.
- Your weight is evenly distributed, which helps take excess pressure off tired muscles.
Chairs that also have a massage function can take muscle relaxation to a new level.
6. They Can Help You Relax
All of the benefits above can help you achieve one important thing: relaxation. When you’re sitting in a comfortable position without any pain or pressure in your body, you can slip into a total state of relaxation.
Life can be stressful, but a zero gravity chair can help. Just kick back, relax and breathe.
These are some of the many health benefits of zero gravity chairs. We offer a wide selection of recliners and massage chairs that move into the zero gravity position, allowing you to reap the benefits of less back pain, better circulation and blissful relaxation.