Best Compact Massage Chairs
If you're like most people, you're spending more time at home. Working from home has led to many long workdays followed by stiff backs, aches and pains. The average American adult sits for over 6 hours a day, and some reports put this duration at over 8 hours.
Relieving aches and pains is as simple as using the best compact massage chair to melt away stress and tension.
What is a Compact Massage Chair and How Does it Work?
Compact massage chairs are still robust, but these models are designed to fit in smaller spaces. Since some of these chairs put a user into zero gravity, they may also need a fair amount of space to recline.
These chairs work similarly to others, and they're designed to do a few things:
- Fit comfortably in small spaces
- Cradle the user
- Massage the back and spine
Every chair works slightly differently, but key features often include:
- Reclining system that allows users to sit back into multiple positions or zero gravity.
- Rollers that move up and down the spine, using tracks, to massage back muscles effectively.
- Air compression or other systems to massage your feet and calves.
- Fingertip controls that allow you to sit back and comfortably control the chair's features.
Your chair may include S- or L-track technology to follow the contours of your spine and massage away tension and tight muscles.
What To Consider When Choosing a Compact Chair?
If you want the best massage compact massage chair for your space, a few things to look for when making your purchase are:
- Rear space requirements or wall space requirements. The less space required, the better for smaller areas.
- Height requirements. Every chair is different, and if you're smaller than 5'0" or taller than 6'2," you'll find to pay very close attention to the chair's maximum dimension recommendations.
- How many massage modes are included? Auto programs offer robust massage options, so find an auto program that you're comfortable with. Ideally, there will be at least three massage programs available.
You'll also want to consider the full recline dimensions to know how much total space you'll need for your chair. We recommend measuring your room to ensure that the chair you choose can fully recline without hitting the wall.
Benefits Of Compact Chairs
Owning a massage chair offers you a professional massage in the comfort of your own home. When you choose a compact chair, these models provide a smaller overall size, so they fit well in apartments, studios or smaller rooms and offices.
You'll also benefit from:
- Robust massages
- Stress and tension relief
- Reduction in aches and pains
- So much more
Best Overall: iJOY® Total Massage
iJOY® is our choice for the best overall chair we offer, but you need 11" of wall space to recline in this chair confidently. However, even when fully reclined, the dimensions are just 61 "L x 30 "W x 34 "H, making this chair compact yet extremely robust.
This model is designed to fit people between 5'0" and 6'0," and it provides a vigorous massage, too. A few of this model's leading features are:
- S-track to follow and massage the curve of the spine
- Foot and calf massage
- Three auto massage programs
- Air cell massage technology for a full body massage
- Four main massage techniques
- FlexGlide 360 massages for a natural massage experience
Click here to learn more about the iJOY® Total Massage.
Best for Clearance: Certus
Our Certus massage chair is kind of a big deal. While most chairs require several inches of clearance to recline properly, Certus requires just 0.2" of wall clearance. For small spaces, this is one of the only massage chairs in the world that may work for you.
And to top it off, this chair can confidently fit people between 5'0" and 6'9".
We classify the Certus as a chair that offers a vigorous massage, and it's a feature-rich model offering:
- 11 built-in wellness programs
- Lumbar and calf heat options
- Zero gravity seating position
- S- and L-track massage
- Foot and calf massage
- Built-in, premium sound system
If you're looking for the best chair for clearance, look no further than Certus.
Click here to learn more about the Certus.
Best for Versatility: WholeBody® 5.1
Finally, the last model on our list is the WholeBody® 5.1 compact massage chair recliner. Featuring bone or black color options, this model offers a moderate massage intensity and is designed for people between 5'0" and 6'2."
This chair offers:
- 55° swivel base
- Ottoman with foot and calf massager
- Dual motor to power an intense back massage
- Three massage programs
- Targeted massage
After a long day of work or a rigorous workout, sit down in this chair, retract the ottoman and enjoy a calf and foot massage in pure bliss. And with three auto massage programs, you'll enjoy a full body massage in the comfort of your own home.
If you're searching for versatility, this is the chair for you.
A swivel base allows you to swivel the chair easily. If you're in a smaller space, the option to swivel enables you to talk to others and get more overall function out of your chair.
Click here to experience the WholeBody® 5.1 compact massage chair for yourself.
You'll find more than enough options for a compact massage chair that will fit into your budget. All of these chairs offer comfort, functionality and have a small footprint that makes them ideal for smaller spaces.