Celebrate World Health Day with the Perfect Massage Chair
On April 7th of every year, people around the globe celebrate World Health Day. The tradition started in 1948 and is meant to bring attention to global health issues for people worldwide.
However, this is seen as a day to realign your focus and celebrate healthy living habits – or create new ones.
If you’re trying to find ways to spend World Health Day, the tips and advice below can help.
Tips and Advice on How to Spend World Health Day
Health and well-being are at the core of this eventful day, and there are a lot of ways that you can spend the day:
- Educate yourself and others about health inequalities around the world. Vulnerable groups of people can be found in every country, and it’s important to reflect on this fact and discover ways that you can help others.
- Healthy food that is well-balanced and nutrient-rich should always be part of the celebration. You can take it a step further by sharing recipes for these delicious meals and helping others turn their kitchen into a source of personal health.
- Recommend in-office changes so that everyone can lead a happier, pain-free life. Sitting in the office for long hours is being called the “new smoking.” Long periods of sitting can lead to higher body fat, high cholesterol levels and blood sugar and an array of other health-related issues. Add in bad posture, and your time in the office may be impacting your health more than you realize. Recommend ergonomic chairs, sit-stand desks and even massage to promote circulation.
- Group fitness activities can be incorporated into the day, such as everyone going out for a hike together, taking a yoga session or going to the gym in a group.
- Dedicate 20 – 30 minutes to get moving, whether that means a quick gym session or following along with a trainer on YouTube. You can go for a walk, run, bike ride – do anything that makes your heart beat faster.
Let's find out.
Reasons Why Massage Chairs Are Ideal for World Health Day Celebrations
Massage is something that you do for you. A lot of people have aches and pains, stress and swelling that they wish they could get rid of but never schedule an appointment with a massage therapist.
If you have a massage chair, you can celebrate health every day.
In fact, there are many reasons to choose massage chairs for this big day:
- Everyone can benefit from a massage, from kids to seniors
- Massage is known for relieving stress, and stress is linked to high blood pressure and health problems
- Aches and pains subside after a massage, and a single massage may help jumpstart the healing process
- The “feel good” hormones that allow you to be happy and healthy increase during massage
Plus, you can put on soothing music or light incense to help improve the relaxing effect of massage therapy. If you want a single way to make yourself and anyone who is celebrating World Health Day with you feel better, massage is the one thing you should incorporate.
Adjust The Parameters of The Chair and Customize the Massage to Your Individual Needs
While we recommend massage on World Health Day, we do want to mention that massage’s benefits are amplified when you:
- Adjust the chair
- Customize the massage
First, you’ll want to consider all of the chair’s features. Do you have a tight back, or do you want to increase the effectiveness of the massage? Turn on the lumbar heat function if it exists. Heat will help to soothe sore muscles or loosen tight ones.
Massage intensity can be adjusted in most high-end chairs, allowing for a more intense massage. We recommend that you start with medium intensity and adjust up or down as necessary.
A more intense setting will help you target deeper muscle pain or pinpoint areas that a light intensity cannot.
Finally, what type of massage would you like? There are a multitude of massage techniques that a chair can mimic, such as:
- Hot stone
- Deep tissue
If the chair does offer AcuPressure therapy, you’ll also want to try out this feature for yourself. AcuPressure therapy can target areas of the body that a regular massage cannot.
Are you curious about which Human Touch massage chairs will work best for you? The following chairs are among the best in our lineup:
WholeBody ROVE Massage Chair
ROVE requires just a 3” rear clearance and will provide a deep, intense massage with the help of S- and L-track massage technology. Manually extend the footrest to massage your lower extremities or choose from eight wellness programs.
You can enjoy a stretch, full-body or recovery program at any time.
With dual-lumbar heat, zero gravity seating and more, this is one of the best massage chairs for anyone celebrating World Health Day.
Super Novo Massage Chair
Super Novo is a beautiful massage chair that provides a three-dimensional massage to work from the top of the spine all the way down to your thighs. This state-of-the-art chair also has a four-dimensional massage to provide as realistic of a human massage as possible.
Additionally, the chair has:
- S- and L-track massage tracks
- Calf, knee and foot massage
- Acupressure technology
- Dual-lumbar heat
- Zero-gravity function
- Full-body stretch
- So much more
Certus Massage Chair
Certus has a rear clearance of just 0.2”, allowing it to fit comfortably in smaller spaces. This feature-rich chair has 11 auto wellness programs, AcuPoint detection, 3D massage technology, zero-gravity seating and so much more.
Add in dual-lumbar heat and this chair helps you melt stress away.
Human Touch massage chairs and World Health Day go together perfectly. Whether you’re taking a stand to improve your own health or holding a celebration on April 7th, massage is one of the things you can offer yourself and others.
With your own personal massage chair, you can enjoy the benefits of massage any time you wish.