Best Office Chairs Recommended by Chiropractors
Office chairs are crucial for your spinal health. The wrong chair can lead to aches, pains and misalignment. With the average person sitting 15 hours a day, it’s crucial to find the best office chair recommended by chiropractors.
A chiropractor-recommended office chair offers support for the back and spine while reducing pain.
If you’re looking for a chiropractor-recommended chair, you first need to search for the right features and know how to sit properly.
Chiropractors’ General Recommendations on Office Chairs
It’s tempting to purchase the cheapest chair because you want to spend your money on something else. But cheaper chairs often lead to more pain and less productivity.
What Features to Look For
- Adjustability is key to reducing pain. Unfortunately, most chairs aren’t designed for your exact dimensions, and this leads to chairs that don’t align with your body’s dimensions. Instead, you want a chair that offers adjustable height and arms to allow your feet to remain flat on the ground and your back erect.
- Zero Gravity is one feature that most chairs don’t offer. A chair with zero gravity allows you to sit back in the middle of the day to remove all pressure and pain on the back.
- Heat is crucial for relaxing muscles and alleviating pain. If you go to the chiropractor regularly because you’re dealing with pain, heated chairs are a great option.
- Headrests are another must-have because they allow you to keep your neck straight and your spine in proper alignment. A neutral position allows you to keep your spine in alignment for pain-free sitting all day long.
If you find chairs that offer some or all of the features above, they’re a good option for an office chair. Chiropractors focus heavily on ergonomic chairs, but you also need to know how to sit properly.
How To Sit In A Chair Properly
Cleveland Clinic is one of the best clinics in the world, and they have a lot of recommendations on how to sit properly. Good posture allows you to sit, stand and walk without pain. However, most people overlook the importance of sitting correctly because they think all that they need is a chiropractor-recommended chair.
Unfortunately, you need to sit properly to maximize the benefits of your chair.
If you’re not sure how to sit correctly, follow these key steps:
- Sit with your back against the chair
- Keep your shoulder on the back of the chair
- Ensure that your seating area is at the back of the chair
- Use a lumbar roll (or built-in support) to keep your back’s curve natural
- Focus on even weight distribution through both sides of the body
- Keep your knees at a right angle
- Ensure that your feet are flat on the ground
Adjustable features empower you to keep your body in an ergonomic position. If you don’t have an ergonomic chair, the consequences can be dire for your back and spine health.
What Are the Consequences of a Poor Ergonomic Environment?
Musculoskeletal disorders, often caused by incorrect posture, can lead to inflammation, tendonitis, mobility issues, back and neck pain and much more. Proper ergonomics can cause serious injuries.
A few signs that your chair isn’t fit for you properly are:
- Eye strain
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Much more
You should spend time making your entire space ergonomic. However, one of the best areas to start with is your office, including your chair and lighting.
Best Human Touch Chairs Recommended by Chiropractors
At Human Touch, we offer some of the best office chairs recommended by chiropractors, and are exclusively endorsed by the World Federation of Chiropractic. While all of our chairs are superb, these three models are ideal for long hours in the office.
Perfect Chair Omni-Motion Classic PC-610 model in Supreme Upholstery Package
Perfect Chair is designed to cradle your back and put you into a zero-gravity position. This model a doctor-recommended chair because it keeps your back in a neutral-posture position. The PC-610 in a Supreme Upholstery Package has impeccable features, such as:
- 5-way motion controller
- Articulating headrest
- Memory foam that contours to the body
- Adjustable lumbar system
- Jade stone heat system
- Extended armrests for added support
- Handcrafted design
The Perfect Chair is the ideal choice for anyone with back pain. Designed for extreme comfort, the chair has many benefits, including:
- Keeping the back and spine in an ergonomic position
- Heating system that melts pain and tension away
- Contours to the body for added comfort
- Handcrafted, solid wood design
The PC-610 Chair, with Supreme Upholstery Package, starts at $4,499. In addition, we offer free delivery to your door, multiple finance options and a premium 7/7/7 warranty.
Super Novo may not be a chair that you sit in all day while you work, but it’s a great option for breaks when your back needs a rest.
- S- and L-track massage options
- 3D and 4D massage
- Convenient, advanced fingertip controls
- Dual-lumbar heat, plus heated foot, calf and knee massage
- Zero gravity recline position
- Virtual Therapist™ for Alexa-enabled control
The Super Novo is pure bliss for anyone who is stuck in an office for long hours daily. Your chair comes equipped with features that offer:
- Professional, multi-dimension massage
- Heat controls for pain, tension and stress
- Recline position to alleviate pressure on the back and spinal column
Super Novo is one of our leading chairs, with a price tag of $9,999 and some of the best features in the world.
Gravis ZG Chair
The Gravis ZG Chair offers zero gravity seating, a stunning design, plus heat and an air massage option. If you’re stuck in the office for hours on end, this chair will provide exceptional comfort and alleviate aches and pains.
Just look at these features:
- Air massage
- Multiple heat zones
- Adjustable backrest and footrest
- Fits users 5’0” - 6’2”
The Gravis ZG chair has many unique benefits, such as:
- Gentle massage to ease pain
- Heat zones to provide pain relief
- Fully adjustable seating options
- Settings to “nudge” you if you’ve been sitting in the same position for too long
Gravis ZG costs $5,499, and you can also buy an extended warranty for up to five years.
While there’s no, single best office chair recommended by chiropractors in the list above, each has its own perks and benefits. With the right ergonomic design and features, your chair can help keep your back healthy and pain-free.